An Occupational Safety and Health Administration Audit is conducted by an independent third party to identify, assess and minimize the company’s compliance risks in the area of occupational safety and health.
Audit on labor protection – an objective, independent assessment by an expert auditor, the state of occupational safety and industrial safety at the enterprise.
The implementation of an independent occupational safety audit has the following benefits:
- prevention of injuries and accidents at work;
- Identification of risks (inconsistencies) before the arrival of controlling bodies;
- prevention of financial liability for failure to comply with labor protection legislation;
- construction of an effective system of work of the labor protection service;
- additional control and verification of the effectiveness of the labor protection service;
- External audit is the first step towards developing methods and programs for achieving industrial safety standards;
- an increase of social trust, image, investors, state authorities to the enterprise.
The order of the audit at the enterprise:
- Determine the goals and timing of the audit;
- determination of the audit program;
- agreement on cooperation
- analysis of the documentation on labor protection and assessment of the effectiveness of the management system of labor protection;
- analysis of compliance with the requirements of legislative and other normative and legal acts on labor protection;
- checking the availability of permits for the operation of high-risk equipment;
- the effectiveness of risk management (personnel safety during high-risk work, equipment operation);
- provision of resources for the effective functioning of the labor protection system (training, level of professional knowledge of personnel in the field of occupational safety)
- analysis of accident data, results of their research, corrective actions on previously detected inconsistencies;
participation in labor protection
Preparation of an expert report
An expert report includes:
- research, analysis of the state of occupational safety and industrial safety at the enterprise;
- results of checking the compliance of existing documentation with the requirements
- An analysis of compliance with labor protection requirements by employers and employees;
- submission of specific rules of law that have been violated
- recommendations for elimination of inconsistencies, comprehensive solutions for industrial safety and labor protection.